Friday, October 27, 2006

O-Train Service is Safe For Now

Fate of O-Train Service Now Rests With New Council

October 26th, 2006

Dear Mr. Fanjoy,

Your email to Councillors Stavinga, Doucet, Bedard, Bloess, Cullen, El-Chantiry, Legendre, McRae and Thompson, has been forwarded to me for response. I'm pleased to advise that at the Council meeting held on Wednesday 25 Oct 2006, Council passed Transportation Committee Report 42, Item 3 as follows;


3. SALE OF EXISTING TALENT O-TRAINS

COMMITTEE RECOMMENDATION

That Council approve:

That any potential sale of the existing Talent Trains and related assets be put on hold while the fate of the new LRT System is in question.

CARRIED
I believe this addresses your concern. Thank you for your foresight and the attention to the details of this project. Please contact me at your convenience if I may be of further assistance.

Regards,
Barry Townsend, P.Eng.
Manager Light Rail Implementation Division